The SpeedoHealer enables your speedo and odometer to show corrected information, regardless of wheel/tire combos or gearing changes.
With regard to the technical specifications and functions, the SpeedoHealer is the best calibrator currently available, with the most features, best warranty, easiest setup with digital interface, and best post-purchase support.
Eliminating "factory inaccuracy", which is often 5-8%
- Account for changes in tire size
- Make gear ratio changes
- Fix shift points on auto transmissions
- Use to by-pass the built-in factory speed limiter* (requires SHV4-AB)
- Adjust for new speedo face-plate with different scale
- Requirement for absolute accurate odometer or speedometer
- Requirement to characterize the display unit of the vehicle (stability, error % and linearity)
* Applies to models where top speed limited is trigged by vehicle speedometer, not gear/rpm signal.
What do you gain with SpeedoHealer?
- Accurate speedometer and/or odometer no matter what you change on your vehicle
- Your odometer won't show more miles/kms than you travel (RESALE VALUE!)
- Safety: your speedometer will always clearly indicate your actual speed, without lag
- Correct shift points on automatic transmissions
- Widest calibration range along with the finest increments (0.1% steps, range of +9999.9% to -99.9%)
- The best accuracy (0.01%)
- Have the most features
- Quick and easy setup through the on-line calculator
- Weatherproof design, it is built to last
- Each unit is extensively tested prior to shipping. Guaranteed to work.
The digital kit features:
* User Friendly Interface: Easy to program, review and update the stored parameters
* Extended Calibration Range: Works even for special applications, like with different engine/gauge combinations, cluster swaps, engine swaps, etc.
* Dual Stored Data: Allows storing of two independent calibration values, and switching among them by the press of a button. Has clear visual confirmation of the value in use. Useful for winter/summer or mud/everyday tires.
* Km/h to MPH Conversion: Allows you to review and enable/disable conversion at the press of a button. (can also convert MPH to Km/h simply with percentage change)
* Lower Power Draw: Reduced power consumption with auto-standby. Works from as low as 3v supply.
Each unit is extensively tested, and comes with a 30-day money back guarantee if for any reason it fails to meet your expectation (All parts must be returned in original condition), a TWO YEAR unlimited replacement guarantee, and a limited lifetime warranty. The product may not be damaged or subjected to over-voltage.
Speedohealer kit choices:
- SHV4-U01: Standard Controller with universal harness.
Used for just correcting speedometer/odometer.
- SHV4-AB-U01: Controller with remote AB Switching with universal harness.
Includes a remote A/B switch to change between two calibration values easily, without having to access the control box. Set A bank to correct speedo/odometer error. Set B bank for top speed. Switch back and forth on the fly via the remote cable and button.
How to verify if your UTV/SxS is compatible with the Speedohealer
The Speedohealer works with 3-wire hall effect speed sensors (a hall effect sensor has 3 wires...1 ground, 1 12v hot, and 1 signal wire that is 0v when metal is not near the sensor and 12v when metal passes near the sensor face.
To check using a multimeter
- Locate the Power wire first
Switch the instrument to DC 20V position. Connect the black meter probe to a known good chassis ground (i.e. frame, engine block, etc). With the OEM speed sensor connected and wheels not turning, turn the ignition ON. With the red meter probe, test each of the 3 wires (touching either through the back of the plug, or by probing through the insulation). When you locate the wire with constant +5V to +12V DC voltage, this is the POWER wire that will connect to the RED SpeedoHealer wire.
- Locate the Ground wire.
Switch the multimeter to read Ohms. Connect the red meter probe of the instrument to a know good ground. Connect the black test lead to one of the remaining two wires (touching either through the back of the plug, or by probing through the insulation). The Ground wire should test at 0 Ohms, and will connect to the BLACK SpeedoHealer wire.
- The third wire is your SIGNAL wire. This will connect to the White SpeedoHealer wire to feed signal, and to the Green SpeedoHealer wire to receive the corrected signal.